We will provide scholarships worth up to A$1000 each.
The scholarship application deadline is 15 January
to give us time to announce decisions before the early
registration deadline ends. Only fulltime students
will be eligible to apply.
- Bona fide student in tertiary education.
- Academic merit.
- Intention to carry out research in machine learning at
an Australian university in 2008 or 2009,
at some level from Honours up.
- Preference will be given to students who have
not yet commenced PhD study or equivalent.
- Not a previous recipient of a Summer School Scholarship.
- Background in machine learning or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of tertiary education including 2007.
- Financial circumstances of the applicant.
How to apply
Please send the following information when applying for a Summer School scholarship.
Your application will not be considered if you have omitted any of the following:
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address where you can be reached at all times.
- Your letter of application (at most 1 page),
- briefly describing your academic background,
- academic interests,
- plans for future study,
- how the summer school will benefit you, and
- why you would like to be supported.
- Include the names and addresses of 1-3 referees
and ask your referees to write directly to the convenor.
- A transcript or photocopy of your academic record.
- proof of full-time student status.
Your application and the references may be sent by email
to email@example.com or on paper to our contact address
Please use the normal registration procedure (any time).
In case you are awarded a scholarship, the charged registration fee
will be lowered accordingly.
Closing date For scholarship applications is 15 January 2009